You might also be interested in the following authored and co-authored articles, in related fields, by Charles.
- Charles Vandepeer, Self-Deception and the ‘Conspiracy of Optimism’, War on the Rocks, Jan 2019.
- James Regens, Matthew Uttley and Charles Vandepeer,
Technological Optimism and the Imagined Future: Implications for Warfare, The Strategy Bridge, Feb 2020.
- Asking Good Questions, Freshwater Publishing, Adelaide, 2017.
- Applied Thinking for Intelligence Analysis, Air Power Development Centre, Canberra, 2014.
- Dirk Maclean and Charles Vandepeer, ‘Military Intelligence: Expectations and Challenges’, in Daniel Baldino and Rhys Crawley (Eds.), Intelligence and the function of government, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 2018.
Selected Conference Papers & Journal Articles
Links are provided to papers that are available publicly
Culture, People and Technology
- Culture, Technology and People: Lessons from the application of Air Power and Joint Operations in Conflict, Paper presented at the Inaugural Sir James Rowland Air Power Seminar, Air Power and National Security: the Strategic Dimension, October 2016.
- Charles Vandepeer, Terry Moon & Garth De Visser,
‘Linking Missions to Scenarios for Analysis of Military Macro-Systems’,
OR Insight, April 2012.
- Improving intelligence capabilities in resource-constrained environments, Presentation to AIPIO National Intelligence Forum: Leadership and Intelligence, November 2016.
- Charles Vandepeer,
‘Intelligence and Knowledge Development: What are the questions intelligence analysts ask?’,
Intelligence & National Security, March 2018:
- ‘Question-Asking in Intelligence Analysis: Competitive Advantage or Lost Opportunity?’, Air & Space Power Journal – A&F, United States Air Force Air University, December 2016.
- What are the Questions Intelligence Professionals Ask?, Paper presented at the International Studies Association 57th Annual Convention, Atlanta, USA, March 2016.
- Charles Vandepeer and James Regens, Teaching and Mentoring in Intelligence Education: Preparing Intelligence Professionals for Asking Better Questions, Paper presented at the 14th Annual Intelligence Association for Intelligence Education (IAFIE), July 2018
Integrating Operational Intelligence Across Nations, Paper presented to the University of Oklahoma, Center for Intelligence & National Security Colloquium, Oklahoma, USA, September 2016.
- Intelligence Analysis and Threat Assessment, Conference Proceedings, Australian Security & Intelligence Conference, 2011.